About Natick    
Natick, "a place of hills", is where John Eliot established a Christian, Native American plantation in the year 1651. King Phillip's War ……… ravaged the settlers, but the small town continued to develop. The 1700's saw the introduction of a dam and a gristmill along the Charles River. The railroad was built in 1835, and in the 1860's it transported the boots and shoes made by the burgeoning immigrant population. Soon, Natick was the third largest shoe producer in the nation. Our building at one time was a shoe assembly plant.

Natick's other notable industry was the manufacture of the uniquely designed Harwood baseball. (Natick , by Anne K. Schaller and Janice A. Prescott Natick Historical Society.)

Throughout the changing times Natick (www.natickma.org) has been rapidly growing and modernizing. Throughout the growth, the center of Natick has stayed old-fashioned with outdoor summer concerts at the gazebo on the Common and home to one of the largest 4th of July parades.

In the downtown area there are several restaurants within walking distance to meet almost everyone's tastes, from Italian, Korean, Thai, Japanese, Chinese, a seafood restaurant and market, several pizza places, Italian market, a bakery, and several coffee/tea shops.

Also in the center of town we have TCAN - The Center for the Arts in Natick. The center rebuilt an old fire station in Natick and it is being used for a performing arts center.

Natick is also home to the Walnut Hill School, a performing Arts school.



 
60 North Main Street, Natick, MA 01760    |    508-653-0773    |    contact@natickmills.com